Restoring Balance Naturally
Welcome to Essence of Love
Heart based healing therapies of Reiki Master Lisa Proctor
Lisa is a Holistic Healing Therapist who works from the understanding of the body, mind and spirit connection.
Lisa's natural healing therapies aim to assist you in maintaining a state of balance, connecting you to your deeper self and inner wisdom, to achieve a greater sense of health and wellbeing.
You will find Lisa's healing techniques to be gentle, nurturing and comforting as she guides you into a peaceful space for healing.
Lisa looks forward to sharing her Essence of Love and guiding you to your natural state of health and balance.
Join Essence of Love e-news for monthly wellbeing inspirations, insights and specials.
Tips for Optimum Wellbeing
* Sleep. Are you getting enough? Our body and spirit needs time to regenerate, recover and re-energise. Adults need 7-8hrs a night while preteens and teens need 10hrs, children require more like 12hrs. A sleep-in on weekends can make up for a few lost hours during the week, so go ahead and indulge...zzzz
* Healthy food choices. Are you aware of the fuel you are putting into your body? If you are regularly bloated and fatigued, your body is trying to tell you something. Listen to your body and observe how it feels after eating certain foods. It may be time to review your dietary patterns and fuel up on some healthier options.
* Include some raw foods in your daily diet. You don't have to eat salads all winter - a handful of celery and carrot sticks to snack on during the day, and a couple of pieces of fruit will add precious nutrients, antioxidents and enzymes without taxing your digestive system. Fruit is best eaten on an empty stomach and takes just 20 minutes to digest. Now that's a quick energy top up packed with vitality for you!
* Remember to breathe! We are by habit unconscious breathers and have become accustomed to breathing shallow and fast. Shallow breathing does not exercise the lungs enough, so they lose some of their oxygen carrying capacity resulting in reduced vitality. Take some time daily to breathe consciously. Take in deep breaths through your nose, expanding your lungs and diaphragm, and breathing right down into your abdomen. Pause for a second or two before slowly and completely exhaling. When you are racing around and feeling stressed, practice some conscious breath work and notice the difference in your heart rate and feel the tension release.
* Drink up. Water that is! Your body is at least 70% water so you can understand the importance of adequate hydration. Coffee, tea, alcohol, soft and sugary drinks are all diuretics and actually contribute to dehydration. Plain water is just what we need. Filtered water is fine. Don't bother wasting your money on bottled water that sits on supermarket shelves for goodness knows how long, leaching chemicals into the plastic it is contained in. Buy yourself a stainless steel water bottle, top it up regularly with filtered water, keep it clean and drink it. Your body will sing you praises!
* Sunshine. Get some on your body responsibly. Vitamin D is made by our bodies from direct sunlight on our skin, and we need 10 - 15 minutes of it a day. Soak up some rays outside of the 10am - 2pm peak times, and enjoy its energising effects. Sun is good for you if you are mindful about safe exposure!
* Exercise and get your body moving. For the greatest health benefits, it is recommended to do 20 to 30 minutes of aerobic activity three or more times a week and some type of muscle strengthening activity and stretching at least twice a week. If you are unable to do this, you can still benefit by doing 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a day, at least five times a week. Just do what you enjoy and get moving!
* Have some fun! We spend so much time working, doing chores and stuff that simply have to get done in everyday life. Our days can become all about a list of things to get done. To keep vital and energised with a sense of wellbeing we need to balance the to-do list with some fun, joy and laughter. So get out there and remember to play. What is it that you love to do? Reconnect with your playful side and get creative. Write a list of things you love to do and stick it on the fridge to remind yourself when you feel stagnant.
* Develop an attitude of gratitude. Developing an attitude of sincere gratitude for the simple blessings in your life unleashes the power
for receiving many more. Every day count your blessings and give thanks and watch your lifetransform.